Allergy & Anaphylaxis Awareness
This course provides knowledge on the recognition and management of allergy & anaphylaxis, risk assessment, risk minimisation and allergy & anaphylaxis first aid procedures. The course would be suitable for anyone who has a “Duty of Care” for a person at risk of allergy or anaphylaxis.
NB. This course meets the requirements of Ministerial Order 706 and the Victorian Children's Services Regulations regarding the Anaphylaxis Awareness Training required by school and children's services staff.
Online Theory PLUS 1-2 Hours Face To Face Practical ($50) - this course is suitable for people who require refresher training or are comfortable learning theory by themselves online. You will need to complete the practical components of the course within 90 days of completing the online theory. Practical sessions are delivered by our trainers and are normally arranged when booking a course.
3-4 Hours Face To Face ($60) - this course is suitable for people who have no previous allergy & anaphylaxis training or prefer traditional trainer lead instruction. This course combine both the theoretical and practical componets.
- Recognise signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction
- Manage and treat an allergic reaction
- Understand and implement a child's anaphylaxis management plan
- Minimise the risk of an allergic reaction occurring within the service
- Administer an adrenaline auto injecting device, such as an EpiPen ®
- Recognition of allergy and anaphylaxis – scenario based assessment
- Administration of an Adrenaline Auto-injecting device – scenario based assessment
- Theory assessment – multi-choice question paper
There are no specific entry requirements or pre-requisites for this course.
Upon successful completion, the attendee will receive a Statement of Attainment for 10710NAT Course in Allergy & Anaphylaxis Awareness
The recommended recertification period to ensure competency in Anaphylaxis Awareness is 3 years.
Due to the limited demand for this course we only run courses as and when required. If you would like to arrange a course for your organisation or business, or if you have four or more people interested in learning about Anaphylaxis, please Contact Us to arrange a course.
This training is conducted under the auspice of Asthma Australia RTO provider number 4987.