Basic Emergency Life Support
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to respond to an emergency and to provide First Aid and Emergency Life Support until assistance arrives.
This course follows current Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
One Day Face To Face covering theory and practical components.
- Patient and situational assessment
- Infection control
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Operation of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Care for an unconscious patient
- Treatment of common injuries and conditions
- Treatment of breathing emergnecies
- Use of First Aid equipment
- Demonstration of CPR on an adult, while kneeling on the floor, and infant resuscitation manikin
- Treatment of basic first aid injuries and conditions - scenario based assessment
- Theory assessment – multi-choice question paper
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Statement of Attainment for HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
The recommended recertification period to ensure competency in First Aid is 3 years.
It is recommended that Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation be recertified every year.
Due to demand we only run two courses per year that are open to the public, the bulk of our courses are run for businesses or community and interest groups. If you would like to arrange a course for your organisation or business, or if you have four or more people interested in learning first aid, please Contact Us to arrange a course.
This training is conducted under the auspice of Asthma Australia RTO provider number 4987.