Provide An Emergency First Aid Response in an
Education and Care Setting
This course is designed for teachers and child carers and encompasses the knowledge and skills to provide a First Aid response to a range of situations in a educational and child care setting until assistance arrives.
This course follows current Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Courses are available in either Classroom mode or mixed Online and Classroom:
Online Theory PLUS One Day Face to Face Practical ($155) - this course is suitable for people who require refresher training or are comfortable learning theory by themselves online. You will need to complete the practical components of the course within 90 days of completing the online theory. Practical sessions are delivered by our trainers and are normally arranged when booking a course.
Classroom - Two Days ($190) - this course is suitable for people who have no previous First Aid training or prefer traditional trainer lead instruction.
- Concepts in treating children
- Patient and situational assessment
- Infection control
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Operation of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Care for an unconscious patient
- Bleeding and wounds
- Heat and cold injuries
- Breathing emergencies
- Use of First Aid equipment
- Demonstration of CPR on an adult and child manikin, while kneeling on the floor, and infant resuscitation manikin
- Treatment of a number of first aid injuries and conditions - scenario based assessment
- Theory assessment – multi-choice question paper
There are no specific entry requirements or pre-requisites for this course.
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Statement of Attainment for HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting.
The recommended recertification period to ensure competency in First Aid is 3 years.
It is recommended that Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation be recertified every year.
Due to the limited demand for this course we only run courses as and when required. If you would like to arrange a course for your organisation or business, or if you have four or more people interested in learning first aid, please Contact Us to arrange a course.
This training is conducted under the auspice of Asthma Australia TOID Number 4987.