Frequently Asked Questions
"Things we've been asked."
Why does your enrolment form say Asthma Australia?
- Asthma Australia is our training partner.
- We have a partnership with Asthma Australia whereby they act as our Registered Training Organisation(ROID 4987) and we deliver the actual training. Essentially, we do the training and they do the paperwork and ensure we are training to the appropriate curriculum, to the required standard and in a professional manner.
Why should I do a First Aid Course?
- You never know when someone will need assistance.
- The ambulance services in Australia are excellent but they will take some amount of time to arrive on the scene. These few moments may make a critical difference to the patient’s outcome. As a First Aider you are quite likely to make a big difference to the patient and quite possibly be the one who could save their life.
Can I be sued if I do First Aid incorrectly?
- It’s highly unlikely.
- There is legislation in all States of Australia that protects non-professionals who are acting as a Good Samaritans and offering assistance to someone.
Should I do a face to face or online course?
- It really depends on what you prefer.
- On a face to face course your instructor will tailor the course content to the your workplace or particular situation. On an online course this is only possible during the practical component, which will not be as beneficial. Completing the theory online however, allows you to learn at your own pace and you are most to likely absorb more information. Additionally, you will only need to commit to around four to five hours for the practical aspects of First Aid Course and one to two hours for CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Courses.
When does my first aid certificate expire?
- These days First Aid certificates no longer expire.
- While your certificate doesn’t expire that doesn’t necessarily mean that you knowledge and skills don’t need regularly refreshing. Indeed some industries and occupations require CPR to be refreshed every year and First Aid every three years. We support this and encourage people to refresh their training at these frequencies.
Will my first aid certificate be accepted in a different state?
- All our courses are nationally accredited and will be accepted Australia wide.
When do I have to pay for my course?
- Once you have received an invoice.
- We will send you an invoice for your course once you have enrolled. Payment is required prior to attending the practical component of your course. You can pay by Electronic Funds Transfer or by cash, cheque or credit card on the day of the course before training starts.
Can I change the course I've booked?
- You can change a booking up to the working day before the course is scheduled to commence. After this point you may be charged a rebooking fee.
Where are your courses held?
- Just about anywhere.
- To keep our cost down we don’t maintain our own premises. We hire a suitable venue as close as practicable to the majority of students, or we can come to your business and train your staff on the premises.
Can you come to our workplace to train our staff?
- All our course are portable and we have the necessary equipment to deliver our courses in any location that is under cover and has mains power. We offer a 10% discount for private course of 10 students or more.
How do I book onto a course?
- Via the Calendar on our web site.
- For all our courses you can book by clicking on the course you wish to attend on our Calendar. Once you have booked on a course you we will send you information on how to enrol on your selected course.
Can I do your course if I have a disability?
- We are more than happy for you to attend one of our courses but depending on the nature of your disability and your abilities, we may not be able to issue you with a Certificate of Attainment. Instead you will be given a Certificate of Completion in recognition of your completing the course.
How old do I have to be to attend a first aid course?
- 14 years.
- The Government has directed that students must be a minimum of 14 years of age. We are happy to train people under 14 years but we are unable to issue students with a Certificate of Attainment. We will issue a Certificate of Completion to people under 14 yours of age who complete the course.
Do I need any special equipment to do an online course?
- No, only a computer.
- So long as you are able to access the Internet that is all you will need. After you have completed the online component you will be able to download a certificate. It would be an advantage if you were able to print your certificate.